He never said he was a pilot
One thing I haven’t really seen discussed much yet about CATWS is the role of the Smithsonian exhibit and how it informs the theme of identity in the movie. As lots of you probably know by now, I find the presence of history (as a discipline) really cool…
Be the villain you were born to be. Stop waiting for someone to come along and corrupt you. Succumb to the darkness yourself.
This is surprisingly motivating.
No, no, no. Don’t succumb to the darkness. OWN the darkness. Reach out and grasp the darkness and pull it about yourself like furled wings. Make the darkness succumb to you.
There will come a day when I remind you that you said this.
DAVID CRANE: Then in Season Eight or Nine we had Joey fall for Rachel, and that scared everybody. She was pregnant. The actors freaked out. Matt kept saying, “It’s wrong. It’s like I want to be with my sister.” We said, “Yes, it’s absolutely wrong. That’s why we have to do it.” You can’t just keep spinning the same plates. You have to go places where you’re not expected to go.
MATT LeBLANC: It felt wildly inappropriate. That’s how close we all were to the character. I was like, “That’s Rachel. She was supposed to be with Ross. Wait a minute.” Everybody got super-defensive about the whole thing.We went to David and Marta as a group and said, “We’re really concerned about this. It doesn’t feel right. We have a problem with it.”
Meanwhile, I was sitting at home going, “Oh, thank God she’s trying to date someone who’s not Ross. If she were my friend and she kept getting together and breaking up with the same guy, I would have shaken about 9.7 on the Richter’s scale’s worth of sense into her.”
I REMEMBER THIS. And I remember being delighted by it and hoping Rachel and Joey would work out, because Joey was a better person than Ross by far.
oh god, just the thought of Steve Rogers, in an excellent suit bought by Pepper, on one of those pundit shows, sitting uncomfortably, looking all lost and then some conservative fuckwit starts in about Obamacare and
- Bucky’s back stage with Clint and maybe Coulson when he suddenly stands at attention and starts to smile
- Steve turns red, the face he makes when he’s about to kick Red Skull’s ass
- 'Actually sir, my mother raised me by herself. She worked her fingers to the bone. I was sick a lot as a kid and medicine cost money we didn't always have. I almost died, more than once. My mother died of pneumonia, a treatable illness. I love Obamacare. Hell, if anything, I don't think Obamacare is enough. No one should loose everything they worked for because of medical bills. No one should die because they can't afford treatment. If we had socialized medicine in the 30's, my mother would probably lived. Maybe she would have lived long enough to see me become Captain America. I think she would have liked that. I know I would have. So don't tell me that this healthcare plan is going to destroy this country.'
- Clint’s mouth is hanging open, Bucky’s trying not to laugh, the fuckwit is having an apoplexy
- and then someone mentions raising the minimum wage
I like to imagine that Pacific Rim is Adama’s favorite movie for this very reason.